Friday, October 14, 2011

Where is the love?

Oh the songs that are associated with the word love...

"L is for the way you look at me.
O is for the only one I see.
V is very, very extraordinary.
E is even more than anything that I adore."

"You are my forever love.
From the bottom of my heart I’ll sing to You
                                              From the depths of who I am I love You
With everything inside I’ll run to You
Cause all that I’ve become I owe to You"


"Love is a shelter in a raging storm
                                       Love is peace in the middle of a war
And if we try to leave, 
may God send angels to guard the door
No, love is not a fight 
but it's something worth fighting for."


"Can you feel the love tonight?
                                                      It is where we are.
It's enough of this wide-eyed wonder
That we come got this far!"





"You stay the same through the ages
                                               Your love never changes
There may be pain in the night 
but joy comes in the morning"

"Oh how He loves us so!"

But...
"Where is the love?"
All around our world we use the word love in reference to how we feel about something... Which most of the time is an appropriate use, but when it gets to the point that we're using it flippantly, the meaning is void. 
We use this word, yet it is not evidenced at all. Am I continually showing love to people? Am I a definition of the word love?
You know who IS and always WILL BE love?


God.


God is love. 


So now if we were to ask that question... "Where is the love?" Well its surrounding us every second of the day. God never leaves, and is always present. That can be a scary thought at times, knowing that we can never get away from someone. We're always able to find ways to escape those earthly surroundings, but its gets tricky, no, it's impossible to do that with God. But how often do we/I feel His love? It's a matter of choice. He offers it to us right as we wake up. The very first thing that should be on our minds is the renewing of his unending love. Without it, could we make it through the day? Absolutely not.


I saw this picture on a friends face book page the other day and it actually spurred on a lot of these thoughts...
This is actually now my screen saver on my laptop, but in the corner I added the words "In the beginning, God." Do you realize how much of an act of love this was towards us? I was blown away by it. Genesis 1:1 is the VERY first reference to God's love for us. I mean, he didn't have to do anything in the beginning, but he WAS in the beginning, meaning love was the beginning.

God is so wonderful. Just reflect on that. I mean, it's simply evidenced by that picture. Who else could create a pattern so intricate as that through clouds? CLOUDS ARE WATER VAPOR. [Despite contrary belief that we can fly up in the sky and simply recline on one...]
But seriously... Why would anyone create something like that if he didn't love us? If He wasn't love?

Love is enough. 
Love is essential.
Love is here.
God is love.





No comments:

Post a Comment