Saturday, July 30, 2011

Who am I?

So the obvious answer to the question is...

photo.php.jpg

I am Grace Louise Ries. Born on January 11, 1993 to J. Scott Ries and Jodi Lough Ries. I live in Bristol, Tennessee. I play the piano and sing. I absolutely adore children. I have a heart for Nicaragua. I have lots of friends. I love my siblings, Lauren and Jason. I have issues.

HA.

The last statement isn't exactly something that everyone says when introducing themselves... But is it something that people see when I am introduced to them?
I hope and strive to be the kind of person that people look to and say "Oh she's different... What makes her so?" Not in the strange kind of different though... The kind of different where God is the one they really are seeing, I'm just the flesh production standing visibly in front of them.

Yes, I know that I am a far cry from perfect, as much as I don't like it... But that doesn't mean that I strive for anything different. My goal is to become more like Christ. After all, He made us in His image. Why should we settle for anything less? I have a feeling Christ is an immaculate beauty to look at... I mean, for goodness sake, no one could even look at Him due to his glory and power without falling down. Doesn't that just make you excited to meet Him someday?? Ok, I digress. But if Christ is such a beautiful person, then why should I try to appear anything less?

The thing is... Christ isn't only beautiful on the outside... It's the inside that radiates on the outside. THIS, This is what I want to be.
His love for people, His intensity, His purpose, His caring, His belief, His peace, His grace, His mercy, His forgiveness... That's what I want to have in my life.
And not only have in my life, but to let it show.

I want to be known as a daughter of the most high God! I want to be known as a follower of Jesus! I want to be known as a servant of Christ!

It's not the outward appearance that Christ looks at... It's not the number of beauty shows that I could be in; it's not the number of times I get dressed up to go to prom; it's not anything on the outside that impresses Him. Yes, we are supposed to take care of ourselves, as we are HIS vessels and HIS temples... But if that is all there is to us, then well... we don't go very deep at all.

Soon enough what is in my heart will leak out. Is that which is in my heart, plesaing? That's something I have to ask myself on a day to day basis. P
Pretenses can only go so far.

So my goal is to: "Let my light shine before men so that they might see Your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven." [Matthew 5:16]

Who am I?

Daughter of the living God.
Princess of the most High God.                                          daughter.jpg
Servant of Christ.
Someone striving to live like Jesus on a daily basis.

I HOPE this is what people see in me.


   “You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven."
              [Matthew 5:14-16]
light on a hill[2].jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment