Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Little Things

Phew I've posted a lot recently... Guess I just have a lot to say. To any of you all who read this on a regular basis, thanks. It boosts my self-esteem a lot ;)


There are a lot of little things that can either make my day.
Things such as...
Waking up to a text that is simply encouraging.
Getting a hug first thing in the morning.
A simple hello from an unexpected friend.
Waving from across Hughes Auditorium.
Saving a seat for me at lunch.
Random hugs throughout the day.
A genuine smile.
Asking how I really am.
Phone calls.
Even things as silly as a facebook wall post.
Teasing, in a kind, gentle manner.
Hearing a song that reminds me of amazing memories.
Hearing a little kid call out "Miss Grace" <3


OR break my day.
Things such as:
Ignoring me.
Walking on by without even uttering a hello.
Shutting down anything that I say.
Making fun of me.
Talking behind my back.
Going on as if I don't exist.


It's through all of these things though I see God. I really think God is teaching me more through getting broken and hurt than if I was going through life as if it was all fine and dandy. Unfortunately it isn't the easiest of things to experience, but when I can say that God is faithful, I KNOW it. 


So all that to say, you never know when you could make or break someones day. Maybe you're in God's plan to brighten their dreary day, or maybe something that you could say could be the little push they need to run back into God's protective arms. I know that staying there will prevent so much pain that I could inflict on myself if I thought I had it all under control. Ha. Because that is about the biggest joke alive. For goodness sake, I've cried more in the last week and a half than probably all of my high school years combined. That alone shows I don't have it all under control. But something that I've really found cool is the fact that God has seen EACH and every one of those tears. He's seen each time I get down or each time I'm hurt. And almost every time He sends someone along or enlightens me with a passage of Scripture to encourage me and give me that little boost of strength I need to keep on going!


"The little things you do to me are taking me over, I wanna show you everything inside of me, oh like a nervous heart that is crazy beating."
Yes this comes from a secular song, but it couldn't be more true about Christ. God sends little blessings in disguise and it just keeps overflowing my heart with a joy that I can't even begin to explain. There are some crazy hard things going on in life right now, yet I can still manage a smile because I know that the little things that God is bringing me through are going to make it so worth it. 


It's the little things that make or break someones day... What are you going to do?
What am I going to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment